Welcome!

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
~Angela Schwindt

Monday, June 20, 2011

Introduction to Colorful Kid Spaces

     Hi, my name is Sarah and I am currently a stay at home mom. I have my Bachelor of Science in Education and I previously taught 6th grade and Kindergarten......so different, yet so similar.  So you are probably asking yourself why I am blogging about kid's design and not education. It's simple really. I love teaching kids, but my passion is design. When I get a design idea in my head, I can't stop thinking about it until I have the chance to put it into reality. Wherever I go, whatever I do, I am always taking in and observing design ideas and elements around me.
    I first discovered my passion when I was pregnant with my first child. I had my daughter's nursery completed by the time I was 6 months along. I was absolutely thrilled with the experience and ever since then I never stop thinking about new ideas, ways to improve on my designs, and new trends in the design world. I have since had my second child, a son, and have been able to experience designing for both a girl and boy.
     I enjoy designing all the rooms in my home, but I choose to focus my blog and my website on colorful kid spaces because I am enchanted by the whimsy and playfulness that it allows me to explore.  My future blog entries will be all about colorful kid spaces. I will include new design trends, interesting articles, how-to's, and great product finds. It is my hope that my blog and website will inspire others in their quest to create beautiful spaces in their own little corners of the world.

No comments: